Here is an archive of past announcements, press releases, and articles that mention us.
- Nate quoted on the Java fix to SSL problem in The Register article
- Researcher Nate Lawson mentioned in The Register article on RF smartcard attack
- Nate quoted on the TLS session encryption flaw in The Register article
- Nate quoted in The Register article on Chumby's use of the HDCP master key
- Nate Lawson talks about an advance in AES cryptanalysis.
- Nate Lawson discusses allegations of backdoors in OpenBSD.
- Nate Lawson and Taylor Nelson present "Exploiting remote timing leaks" at the iSec Forum.
- Nate Lawson and Taylor Nelson present "Exploiting timing attacks in widespread systems" at Blackhat.
- Computer World article published about our research into exploiting timing attacks in real-world systems.
- Nate Lawson listed as one of CRN's Security Superstars of 2010
- Nate Lawson quoted on RSA factoring in The Register
- 2009/12/30: "Side-Channel Attacks on Cryptographic Software" (read online, pdf), an article by Nate Lawson, was published in IEEE Security Magazine
- 2009/8/5: Nate Lawson presented "Crypto Strikes Back !" at Google Tech Talks (video and slides)
- 2009/6/15: Nate Lawson interviewed on web crypto for the Digital Underground podcast
- 2009/6/9: Nate Lawson presented "When Crypto Attacks!" at Yahoo! Security Week (summary and slides)
- 2009/6/8: Nate Lawson quoted on web crypto flaws in Threat Post
- 2009/5/19: Nate Lawson quoted on the OpenSSH error attack in The Register
- 2009/1/9: Nate Lawson quoted on the MD5 SSL cert attack in The Register
- 2008/12/17: Our FasTrak analysis was nominated one of 2008's Five Coolest Hacks
- 2008/9/11: Nate Lawson quoted in an article on RFID protection in Dark Reading
- 2008/9/7: Nate Lawson quoted in an article on cellphone forensics in the SF Chronicle
- 2008/9/1: Supply Chain Digest article on Fastrak research
- 2008/8/25: MIT Tech Review article about Fastrak flaws
- 2008/8/18: Nate Lawson quoted on Boston transit hacks in the Christian Science Monitor
- 2008/8/13: News interview regarding Fastrak flaws on ABC 7
- 2008/8/12: Article on Fastrak flaws in The Newspaper
- 2008/8/7: Articles on Blackhat toll systems talk in SecurityFocus, CNET, SF Examiner, SC Magazine, The Register, Gizmodo, Hack a day, and Las Vegas Review Journal
- 2008/8/6: Nate Lawson presents Highway to Hell: Hacking Toll Systems at Blackhat (slides)
- 2008/7/30: Nate Lawson quoted in SearchSecurity on the need to increase the patch rate for announced vulnerabilities.
- 2008/7/15: News interview regarding Fastrak flaws on Fox 2
- 2008/7/9: Nate Lawson interviewed by Dark Reading on FasTrak vulnerabilities
- 2008/4/23: Nate Lawson quoted on functional encryption in The Register
- 2008/4/11: Nate Lawson presents "Designing and Attacking DRM" at the RSA Conference (slides)
- 2007/8/1: Nate Lawson presents "Don't Tell Joanna the Virtualized Rootkit is Dead" (with Tom Ptacek and Peter Ferrie) at Blackhat
- 2007/6/28: "Researchers: 'Blue Pill' Rootkit Detectable", eWeek article
- 2007/6/27: "Rutkowska faces '100% undetectable' malware challenge", ZDnet blog
- 2007/5/23: "Eyeing unnoticed security researchers", SearchSecurity.com article